As we move from the information age to the attention age, we have gained access to so much information without consuming much time. Because of this overload, it is more important than ever that we prioritize where our attention is directed. Out of the hundreds, or in my case, thousands of emails, hundreds of social media notifications, and text messages, how many actually grab your attention and inspire you to read thoroughly? Very few, am I right? It is more important than ever to focus on quality and not quantity when it comes to building customer relationships in the digital age.
Moreover, this is the time when it becomes absolutely necessary to keep up with the needs of the clients. For instance, if you are in the insurance industry and find that your clients prefer automated services to traditional ones, then it would be a good idea to make a transition. Surely, you would want to keep up with your client needs to sell more insurances in the digital era (you can see how by visiting this link- https://ilife.tech/selling-life-insurance-digital-era/). Won’t you?
Anyway, coming back to the topic, recent studies on the focus and engagement patterns of consumers have shown an astronomical drop, but have our business strategies changed to develop relationships that lead to sales? Investing in Digital and social media alone is no longer enough. If you want to stand out in the loud digital space, then it is essential that we connect emotionally with the consumers.
There are other methods as well, like digital marketing, promotion, advertising, etc., to improve business sales and customer relations. Moreover, incorporating SEO and marketing techniques into your Google business account can get more footfall on your company website, and for that, you can take the assistance of a professional also. Though, you might have to give the marketing expert access to your website and business account, which you can learn about through https://victoriousseo.com/blog/google-my-business-add-user/ or similar blog posts. By employing various strategies in digital marketing, you can better your customer support and relations.
There can be other ideas that you can adopt and include in your business that might ensure that your customers show faith in your bran products and services.
Sandra Yancey, Life and Business Transformation Specialist, Founder and CEO of eWomenNetwork, share 5 ways of building customer relationships in the digital world.
• Consider Quality over Speed: As I like to say, “it’s about lust building, not list building.” We should try to focus on authentic handwritten messages about what our customers say. These messages may include “Thank You” notes or customers sharing their personal experiences.
• Face-to-Face Meetings: Emails aren’t the only way to connect with your customers digitally. Try spending 2-3 hours a week face to face with your customers too. This could be a Skype or Zoom call for those clients staying far away – most, if not, all businesses these days have something like one of these spectrum internet plans to provide them with reliable internet so that their workforce can stay connected and they can make a call without worrying that it will slow things down. This results in loyalty, attentiveness and engagement with the consumers.
• Don’t Rush the Big Sale: It takes time to develop a level of trust with a customer to where they feel comfortable forking out top dollar for your big program. Create different levels of programs so that your customer can experience your work and build up trust in you before you ask for a big sale.
• Referral Awards: Plan for those customers who send you referrals. Keep this recognition personal, as when people feel that level of appreciation, they’ll go above and beyond for you. A word of thanks and a small reward related to your brand is the best combo for recognition.
• Testimonials: Ask your loyal customers to share their experience of working with you or using your services. These testimonials can then be used on your website, your social media, and email campaigns. This makes the customer feel special and valued as well as builds your digital credibility.