I’m an ordinary woman … from a small town. My father died on my birthday when I turned five years old. My mother, from Mexico, raised me and my two older brothers on welfare until she remarried. My step-father died six weeks before I married the man I met my senior year in high school. (He was a drummer and no one thought we stood a chance.) I lost my brother to a car accident when I was 26 and he was 27. He was killed instantly. No goodbye, and no getting over it for a long time.
My husband and I are still together. We’ve had to overcome all the regular stuff couples deal with, not to mention shifting careers and paychecks. We’ve raised two children, one of each. We are a close-knit family and fiercely protective of each other. These days make those teen years worth it.
I invest constantly in my personal development. I earned my Master’s degree in Organizational Development from The American University in Washington D.C., and a two-year post-graduate certification in Organization and Systems Design from the prestigious Gestalt Institute. I got all my education while working full-time. No sorority experience for me. I had bills to pay and kids to raise.
When it comes to business, I’m an unlikely success story. I hated networking environments – you know, a bunch of small talk when I was focused on BIG dreams. And so, in a room above my garage, I bootstrapped my way to create one the largest and most decorated business network organizations in North America, eWomenNetwork, a one-stop complete success system for entrepreneurs. It’s a multimillion-dollar enterprise with over 500,000 women connected through 118 chapters spread across North America.
I am featured in Chicken Soup for the Entrepreneur’s Soul and have four other #1 bestsellers. I’ve produced a movie, The Glow Project, and because of it, I rang the NASDAQ bell and had my company’s logo featured in Times Square. (Such a cool moment!)
I believe in giving back, too. My foundation has awarded cash grants to 115 non-profit organizations and scholarships to 167 emerging leaders of tomorrow. We provide free online business training to every non-profit on the planet! CNN named me an American Hero for my philanthropic work.
My principles for life are basic and practical. I don’t get distracted. I’m focused on what’s important and I’m not afraid to work hard for what I want. I’ve taken the lessons I’ve learned for building a million-dollar business and now spend my life sharing everything I know.
I am unapologetic in taking care of myself, having an amazing marriage, having great relationships with my kids, incredible girlfriends and running a successful business.
I’m transparent, honest and focused on creating a fulfilling life. I live what I teach. And I’m dedicated to helping others achieve it too.
No one makes it alone. No one. I’ve helped tens of thousands of women (yes, and even men, too) get clarity of what’s important, gain focus on what needs to be done to get there, develop the blueprint plan to ensure success and support them along the way.
I am an ordinary woman … who lives an extraordinary life. And I can help you live one too.
Award-Winning Entrepreneur, #1 Best Selling Author, Philanthropist, Founder & CEO, eWomenNetwork
A sampling of Sandra Yancey’s Awards & Accolades
- Entrepreneur Star award from Microsoft and Business Women’s Network International (BWNI)
- The International Alliance of Women (TIAW) World of Difference Award 100
- Recognized as a CNN American Hero
- Artemis Award from the Euro-American Women’s Council Athens, Greece
- Woman Advocate of the Year from the Women’s Regional Publishing Association
- Enterprising Women Advocacy Award from Enterprising Women Magazine
- Wings of Vision Award from Diversity Best Practices and Business Women’s Network International (BWNI)
- Kim Dawson Attitude Award from Attitudes & Attire
- Distinguished Women’s Award from Northwood University
- Great Women of Texas Award from Fort Worth Business Press
- Women That Soar Honoree for Business
- Positively Powerful Global Leadership Award
- Featured in and Producer of The GLOW Project (“One of the most inspiring movies ever created for women” says the Orlando Film Festival)
- Featured in the #1 bestselling Chicken Soup for the Entrepreneur’s Soul
- Author of the bestselling Relationship Networking: The Art of Turning Contacts into Connections
- Author of the #1 bestselling series: Succeeding Through Doubt, Fear & Crisis; Succeeding Against All Odds; Succeeding in Spite of Everything
President and CEO
ValueSelling Associates, Inc.
“Sandra rocks! She has the unique ability to simplify the most complex problem to simple, actionable and most importantly executable steps.”
CEO Dream University and Best-Selling author
“As a world-class speaker, author, leader and guide to thousands of women nationwide, Sandra has been a beacon of light available with sage advice and a warm cup of tea. She has made a huge contribution and I’m grateful to also call her my friend.”